Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My Writing Friend Gerald

Gerald does things no writer should do. He snubs the powerful and walks out of meetings with the annoying. He isn't wealthy and, in fact, could use the money that steady employment brings. Such jobs are available for family-man Gerald. With a proven track record and good ideas, he's a sought-after figure in TV animation. But Gerald cannot fake enthusiasm for projects that he considers stupid and ill-conceived.

There are many such projects along Olive Avenue: squalid ideas that float about like oil upon sewer water. Gerald will avoid these the way a swimmer avoids poisonous jelly fish.

He's never deliberately rude, just decisive.

Go Gerald.

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...