|Did you ever read any? All of them contained words.|
Monday, May 13, 2013
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
- Never open a book with weather.
- Avoid prologues.
- Never use a verb other than "said" to carry dialogue.
- Never use an adverb to modify the verb "said”…he admonished gravely.
- Know that if you're me, anything you write will be made into a movie. Anything. Seriously, anything. (I added this one.)
"If it sounds like writing, I re-write it."
Thursday, May 02, 2013
1. Get up around 4:45 and write down my goals for 2013, including publishing 3 ebooks on Amazon.com by Dec. 1.
2. Write for an hour before breakfast.
3. Write four to five more hours.
4. Go to the gym.
5. Write another hour.
6. Spend an hour researching the ebook biz.
7. Eat dinner.
8. Watch an hour of reality show crime TV.
9. Go to bed by 9:30.
That's five days a week, with only two hours of writing and one hour of researching on Saturday. On Sunday I clean off my desk, pay the bills, and write out the next week's schedule. I will have three finished ebooks—probably two novellas and a novel—written by Thanksgiving. No one is making me do this. No one is paying me to do this. But there has never been a better time to be an author. Ebooks have changed the publishing landscape. I'm climbing on board before head implants replace the Kindle.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Friday, March 01, 2013
Monday, February 18, 2013
When there are terrorists to be harvested, it's time for John McClain. Bruce Willis is back in this latest incarnation of the Die Hard series as "Reviews of Films I Have Never Seen" dishes behind-the-scenes dirt obtained at no-risk from a source in craft services. Read more here. Image: email@example.com
|Tough New York cop John McClain (Bruce Willis) shoots the beard off Lenin.|