Monday, August 30, 2021

So Long, Ed Asner

 

Behind the Voice Actors



Sergeant Mike Cosgrove (who also used the name Ed Asner) is gone. Freakazoid's pal and law enforcement chum has cashed out his life chips and departed this plane of existence. 

Ed was fun to work with, bummed cigarettes off the crew, and never seemed thrown by the often surreal dialogue he was called upon to read. I wish his family peace in this troubled time. 

Adieu, Ed and may you know eternal rest involving offbeat wholesome fun.


4 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

Okay. So the guy who was Lou Grant bummed ciggies from your guys? I love it. I think he owed Murray a beer. 😉

But seriously, I was most familiar with Ed Asner by way of the Mary Tyler Moore show. Gonna see if I can find some classic episodes on youtube.

As for Freakazoid; what actor doesn't want to have that kind of fun?! 😂 Putting a signature voice on goofy dialogue can be a great way to begin and end the day.

JP Mac said...

He loved working on Mary Tyler Moore.

Good guy.

Luke said...

Did people really smoke and drink in the studio back then? I seem to remember reading that before.

JP Mac said...

Quite a bit of that went on.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...