Saturday, March 27, 2021

New Hallow Mass eBook Edition in Pre-Order

frontporch.club

No, the starburst is not the new cover. But it is an arresting image.

Abridged, lean, fit and with new cover art that is not a starburst, Hallow Mass.2 rolls out in two weeks—or April 9 if you prefer. This remodel is in preparation for the second volume Hell War, due out this fall. 

Hallow Mass edition two—ebook only— preorder is available via literary aggregator site Draft2Digital at Barnes & Noble Nook, Rakuten Kobo, Apple and more. Additional markets will become available as April 9 approaches.

What about Stinking Amazon? 

The colossus sets its own rules. Should you wish to preorder, as I've done in the past, then you must sign up for their Kindle program. You will then be exclusive to the behemoth for the next ninety days. Good preorder success has been mine in the past, but I'm open to testing new waters. For no other reason that it allows me a small rebellion against Amazon's monopoly stranglehold on books.


That said, the paperback edition and ebook will be out on Amazon come April 9.


New paperback cover; due to launch on Amazon April 9.

What is the Difference Between an Edition and a Volume?

Glad I typed that. Bob B. at Yahoo! Answers crushes the question.

"Some publications cannot be fitted into a single book or journal, so they split it across multiple volumes.

Also, sometimes a given publication is revised/updated and re-published, in which case the re-published version is a "new edition".


You savvy, G.I.?


Should you wish to avoid reading a future promotional blog post, go here for advance knowledge of my next ebook release via Draft2Digital. 

12 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

Congrats on the E edition of Hallow Mass. I'll get it as soon as it's ready. Next year, I think I'll invest in a Tablet come income tax time. That way, I can have three Ebooks as well as the paper back.

Thanks for giving Amazon a bit of a telling off, too. That's what happens when a company gets too big for its customers. I don't know how you expedited the book you got to me, but bravo ! I'm loving it. Tres Bizarre (in a good way). I'm more than halfway through. Thanks, too, for the definitions of edition and volume.

Can't wait for the second book in the series to come out. Paperback or Ebook? Hopefully paperback. Nothing beats 'em before bed.

JP Mac said...

I'm thinking ebook first, then paperbook.

(Publishing them both at once is a pain.)

Glad you're enjoying the read.

Please don't forget to leave reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Done and done! I keep reading til I fall asleep.

What's the main issue with trying to publish both Ebook and paperback at the same time?


I'm still trying to figure out how to e publish my anthology. Well, I'll figure that out in time so I might just get semi-lazily creative and go pdf where I deck out each story individually. Can you do PDF if you don't have internet access? If not, I'll really have to step on the gas.

Going to update Goodreads and see if I still have my Amazon account.

JP Mac said...

It involves separate everything: manuscripts, covers, formatting, ISBNs.

And if you use an aggregator site such as Draft 2 Digital, you'll be quadrupling your work.

I did that with Death Honk. Never again.

You can do PDF sans internet.

Remember that neighter Amazon nor Draft 2 Digital charge for publishing.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Hi JP

First off, THANKS for the 411 on PDF. YAAAY!!! I'll be able to work on stories, minus internet distraction when I'm on my medical vacation. !!!! I'm actually looking forward to getting actual WORK done. Also, thank you for the warning about trying to do ebooks and paperbacks at the same time. Yikes! 🤦‍♀️ It's enough to get editing done on ONE format without thinking of all the other stuff. The PDF deal is plenty.

Ooooh nice (re: No charge for publishing on Draft 2 Digital and Amazon. ).

JP Mac said...

You should upload on both Amazon and D2D—or Smashwords.

D2D and Smashwords include Kobo and other European and Australian publishers as well as U.S. biggies Barnes & Noble, Apple.

Authors 4 Characters said...

You know what. I think I will. I was considering Lulu but that would cost and right now, I just don't have the extra funds. Smashwords might not publish me because this is an anthology is fan fiction; based on a character who doesn't belong to me. And I still have to check with Draft to Digital and Amazon.

Failing that, I'll just do PDF. Fan fiction is an iffy game. Some authors are okay with it,. Some author's estates are okay with it. I love the character (Poirot) but don't shy away from my dislike for how his author treated him. I suppose I'd have to edit out the editorial and go with the stories. I'm good with that.

Hmmmm..... I'm guessing most of those groups have Facebook pages. I can ask through their message pages. Can't hurt to try.

Thanks!!!! It's late, but I'm awake and want to find out, so I'm gonna check facebook and find out if they do publish fan fiction. Will keep you posted.

JP Mac said...

Fan fic where you don't have permission is a problem.

You might be better off going the PDF route.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Yup. I checked up before even writing to Amazon or Draft to Digital. I'm gonna go with PDF.

I do have an ORIGINAL idea, which I'll work on during my recovery time. "Lesser of Two Evils" These days, it's still percolating . Funny, how the imagination gets more work when you're on the go. I think that's why people take walks. There IS a correlation between physical and mental activity.

Do you end up mentally working on stories when you run?

JP Mac said...

Usually not during a run, abut afterwards when I'm relaxed and the endorphins are flowing.

Best wishes on your procedure.

Authors 4 Characters said...

It's weird, but when I spend too much time sitting, it's like I'm squishing my brain, so a walk does the world of good.

I'm not even thinking about the operation so much as the relaxing I plan to do after.

LOVED Death Honk. Will be reading again! You have a flair for description that I need to learn. Hopefully, no wood nimphs will be pooping on the floor of my coffee bar. And my characters will bathe. OUCH!!!! Towelettes for cleaning internal areas. I winced reading that scene!

JP Mac said...

Managing a coffee shop can, indeed, be a dirty business.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...