Sunday, April 06, 2008

Eugene Bound

That's what it's felt like the last three weeks. What with realtor caravans, open houses, and showings, my wife and I have been absent from our dwelling more often than not. Coach Katie from TNT said that someone we both knew attended an open house and discovered that she was in my home. (A combination of framed animation cells and a Team in Training tee-shirt gave it away.)

But today marks our second day in escrow. We're off this afternoon to scout out new places to live. I'll miss the quiet up here. Too bad you can't bottle it. Meanwhile, the Eugene Marathon draws closer. I'm worn out from all this moving business and look forward to Oregon. I believe I'll break four hours. My one fear is that we'll be forced to leave our hotel room in order for prospective buyers to mill around.

5 comments:

k said...

You guys did great. Your pricing strategy was right on target.

In this kind of market, to do what you did? It's just astounding.

Anonymous said...

Of course it was astounding; what remains to be seen is whether it was the good kind of astounding, or the bad kind :)

Actually, there's no doubt that on a percentage basis--if not on an absolute dollar basis--we'll come out ahead once we buy the condo. There are just too many perfectly satisfactory ones out there for very little money; it's unlikely we won't do very well indeed.

Of course, we ARE divesting from the RE market, to a certain degree. But it isn't like we can't get back in, once our incomes perk up.

--The Wife

JP Mac said...

Thanks, K.

Coming from a real estate wiz such as yourself that's high praise.

As the Wife says, we'll return when things pick up, as they're sure to do.

Anonymous said...

I dare you to run Oregon this way LOL

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080407/lf_nm/britain_maasai_marathon_dc

k said...

Well, I didn't want to say *congrats* just yet, since you're still in escrow, and I wouldn't want to jinx it. But it's waiting.

After watching this, I've no doubt whatsoever that you'll come out ahead. No doubt that you'll get back in, too, whenever you like.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...