Friday, July 22, 2016

Short Story Tsunami Underway

I want a JP Mac story, Okay?

Author Aims to Place 15 Short Stories in Six Months.


And not for the first time. (That was Ten-in-Six for those who visited here back in 2009.)  I haven't published a short story since 2012 and that's too stinking long. So off we go again. To date, I have one story with beta readers, one in first draft, and an writing the first draft on a third. I shall probably relay on Duotrope to help me locate markets. Updates when I place. This time out, I crave a spot in  Asimov's Science Fiction. Away, away!

Hallow Mass Hungry for Readers

Give me 50 reviews now.

Yes, this horror tale cries out for fresh eyes. Eyes that read and enjoy the story of a grad school party girl who must risk a ghastly death in order to save the world. Lovecraft lovers will enjoy the many references to the "Dunwich Horror." Those indifferent to Lovecraft will enjoy the story anyway. Available in soft cover and fine eBook formats only at Amazon. 

4 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

I've heard much about the merits of short stories. My problem is, I'm so long winded, that even a short story turns into a novel. And that's why God created EDITORS.

I've got Hallow Mass but after a week of constant work, five minutes of casual reading puts me OUT. So I have to rest up and then listen to The Dunwich Horror on Youtube. Great read, so far as I've gotten, though, and I WILL be posting a review. Likely by the end of next weekend.

JP Mac said...

Bless your heart.

Hope your schedule eases up soon.

Authors 4 Characters said...

Hi JP. It's getting better. I'm listening to HP Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror as I write. Your work is a tribute reboot. Can't wait to be able to dig into Hallow Mass, now that I understand the context a bit better.

Have you heard Dunwich Horror on youtube. I don't know who the reader was, but he did a great job.

JP Mac said...

'tis indeed a tribute.

I haven't heard it on YouTube. I immersed myself so deeply into the story during the writing that I've been avoiding the tale for awhile.

In time, I'll give it a lesson.,

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...