Thursday, May 21, 2015

Writing Blues

Disclosure
Bad case on this overcast May morning. My Dunwich book beckons but it's reached a point of maddening difficulty and I want to scarp it for a new writing project. I dread something new - fresh and filled with possibilities. A disguise for surrender in all its humiliation. I have banker's boxes full of writing starts, not so many finishes. Nothing will come easy this morning. Today must be the writing equivalent of the  Bataan Death March, where escape is an illusion and the Japanese will bayonet me for falling out. Let's see how much I finish now. (Though I wish the Japanese would be quiet and let me work and stop oooing over my Batman animation cells. But if I say anything, they yell and threaten. Would they bring me coffee? Probably not. My only Japanese is "Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.")

2 comments:

Roger Eschbacher said...

I go through funks in my writing, too. I'm always ecstatic when I complete a project, though, so that's what keeps me going even though the process feels like I'm swimming through molasses. You can do it!

JP Mac said...

Thanks, Roger.

I discovered myself writing on a tangent that ate up a lot of time and may not be useable.

But you're right: there's nothing like the heady triumph of finishing.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...