Saturday, July 16, 2016

Periodic Running Update



Chi Running Eases Pressure on Knee

Losing some weight, however, can't be beat. Doing a little of both since my April 5K. I've been walking and running three days a week since February. This is the longest stretch of human locomotion since my knee checked out eight years ago.


I've had a bit of calf stiffness and couldn't be happier. (It's something other than the knee.) Ice and throttling back on training have done their work. Nowadays, I run slowly for 3 miles, then yoga it up on the off days. If all goes well, I may venture another 5K in August. 

Until such time, my goal is to stay in the running—so to speak—and not worry about speed or time. 

On a completely different note, teenagers in a pool two buildings away are playing Marco Polo and shrieking 'ohmygod' as a single word. If I owned an electric eel, and wooden gloves to carry it in, I would truncate this auditory chaos rather quickly.     

4 comments:

Authors 4 Characters said...

Keep on truckin', but keep one foot lightly on the brake peddle. Hey, you're a better man than I am, so to speak. My idea of running is picking up the pace at work so I get out on time. Or walking swiftly for the bus! That's as far as I go.

OUCH! Glad I'm not one of those kids. Ohhhhh..... but I know a more effective way to get those kids out of the pool, and it doesn't involve Electric Eels or wooden gloves. Do you have big speakers on your computer? Or do you have a stereo? Either one......simply put on the theme from JAWS. That music extricates people from the water in ZERO time flat. It'll be a few days before they'll get that music out of their heads to even want to get into the pool again.

JP Mac said...

I may try Jaws.

I may also try polka music.

Authors 4 Characters said...

THAT would do it for Me so yeah, go with the Polka Music! The Theme from Jaws might actually invite them to be more rowdy. (Faking shark attacks as they shriek and laugh). Yup.... Polka is the way to go.

Your book arrived. Will have to get started on the weekend. The last week has been so busy that any attempt as casual reading results in dropping off before the end of the second paragraph. It's good so far, though. Looking forward to being able to enjoy it in full consciousness.

JP Mac said...

Enjoy the read.

When you're finished, if you could, please, do leave a comment on Amazon.

Thanks, Gillian!

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...