Monday, September 24, 2012

Rapid Fake Movie Reviews

(Image: pilkey.com)
This week I'm introducing the Snap Review. These fast, hip-shot takes are designed to introduce readers to upcoming cinema; cinema I deem worthy of note but not worthy enough to watch or cover in "Reviews of Films I Have Never Seen."

Opening Oct 5, we have The Oranges, a tale of suburban dysfunction, home-wrecking, and narcissism run amok, all caused by the return of a randy daughter to her New Jersey home with an orange the size of a beach ball. She will neither share the immense fruit nor disclose its origins. Furthermore, the daughter flies into a fury if anyone snarks the orange. (NOTE: This element has been scrubbed from the trailer.) Take an hourglass containing 90 minutes worth of sand. Now place an orange next to it. Add a photo of Hugh Laurie. Hand a family member close to twenty dollars. Eat some popcorn and stare at these items for an hour and a half. Was it fulfilling? Only you can decide.



4 comments:

Luke said...

Exciting. Do you think it will be the hip new thing?

I'm glad to see you embracing Google Plus by the way.

JP Mac said...

Thanks, Luke.

We'll see how Google Plus works out.

Hope you're doing well.

Luke said...

Thanks, I'm just getting into the swing of college life. Music Majors have packed schedules. How's your book coming along?

JP Mac said...

Slowed by the need for paying work.

But still inching ahead.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...