Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Freak-a-con Inbound for 2015

Image: Covers.com
 Twenty years ago next year, Freakazoid! went into full-fledged production. And look where it is today! Actually, that's the point. Negotiations so secret that I must shhhhhhhh myself are underway that could lead to a festive weekend of Freakazoid related events and panels and—please don 't be cross if it doesn't happen—a bear riding a motorcycle.

Paul Rugg has this to say about Freak-a-con.

In between 7Ding, Tom Ruegger may add his voice.

UPDATE: Tom has indeed spoken on the subject

But add your voice. If you'd like to attend Freak-a-con
leave a comment and tell us what you'd like to see.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take-out mints.

JP Mac said...

Excellent.

Maz Zolp said...

Okay, if anything could rouse me from my million year slumber on Blogger, this is it. How exciting! I'm definitely gonna make it a priority to be there (and I know Taki'll try, too... actually, any hint of when in 2015 it might be? Summertime? Any cool ways we could contribute at all?).

JP Mac said...

Nice to hear from you, Maz.

No details yet, but we'll announce as matters become clearer.

What would you like to see at a Freak-a-Con as far as panels and events?

I was thinking we should have a Jelly World.

Keeper said...

Papaya juice bar.

JP Mac said...

Good call, Keeper.

Anonymous said...

Will it be taken place during summer.

JP Mac said...

I would hope so, but there are a lot of gears in motion and it remains to be seen if it all will mesh.

But keep a good thought on the matter and I'll be updating as I find out.

Anonymous said...

Any more info on this. Is it still happening?

JP Mac said...

Considering that I haven't heard anything in awhile, I'd have to say the odds are against it. But if matters change, I will blog out loud and clear.

Rafa Rivas said...

Here are some extra fans. I just found: http://www.reddit.com/r/freakazoid/

JP Mac said...

Thanks, Rafa.

Glad to know they're out there.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say that I would still love for this to happen and would travel from the UK to get to it (if money allows...). If it can't happen, maybe another year instead... (I know this post is over a year old but I wanted to show my support).

JP Mac said...

Well, Dexter, thank you for your support.

Not this year for sure, but anything can happen in Hollywood, even good things.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...