Friday, September 13, 2013

Animaniacs Turns Twenty

In September, there are dark memories and light memories. Today falls on the incandescent side as Animaniacs premiered on Fox back in 1993. (As did the X-Files and The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. Which of those two became a big hit, I wonder?) That same premier week, I believe, there was a huge party celebrating the event on the Warner Bros. lot. Steven Spielberg showed up. Free drinks were available in plastic cups. Then time passed and the show disappeared from the air, but stayed alive thanks to fans and the wonder of YouTube. Now the Warner siblings may be seen in reruns on the Hub.

Happy 20th, Animaniacs, and a shout out to all those who worked on the program.

I'm in the foreground right, across from Tom Ruegger and next to Paul Rugg.

And, especially, a water-tower sized 'thank you' to all the fans who persevered and kept the memory fresh. You rawwwwk! We close now with the Animaniacs Suite.

h/t: TammieRD

6 comments:

Plato said...

YAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

… Well, you said shout out to all those who worked on the program.

(You may also shout, for reasons of your choosing, at the Animaniacs Twentieth Anniversary Special.)

Anyway, thank you for your work on some of my favourite segments. (To be fair, Animaniacs is full of favourites. Y'know, you guys really should have anticipated how that would skew the statistics and produced a lot more bad episodes or something!)


- David "time flies when you're hiding out from the PPPGALF" Green

JP Mac said...

Thanks, David.

And a most notable shout-out that was.

Troy said...

Huzzah! Here's to 20 more of seriously funny continuing to be as funny as it was the day of that party.

JP Mac said...

Amen, Brother Troy.

Unknown said...

Hi John!

Falling in love with Animaniacs again! I just wrote a post about the psychology of characters. In a nutshell, it's all about the writing. When the writers care enough about the characters they create, fans will care! I saw the Nostalgia Critic Animaniacs tribute and NC had some great questions for you guys, none the LEAST of which was what happened to Skippy's parents? You guys made us care! And because of that, I'll be opening my home to abused and mistreated (animated) mice. ;) Happy belated anniversary to ALL who made the magic happen!!!

JP Mac said...

Appreciate the thoughts, Kayla.

At the time, I only thought of the deadline in front of me.

I'm glad the show lives on.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...