Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Walking Fast

Stopped by a local high school track last night and walked 3 miles as fast as I could. That turned out to be 41:35, a 13:51 pace. Too much, too soon I think, since I'm tired today. But my final mile was 11:28, which is minutes faster than the running pace for my first marathon. The goal is to let the running happen naturally, but I'm close now. Tonight, I'm going to watch a documentary by Werner Herzog on the late Rev. Gene Scott. He was big here in Southern California during the 1980s and 90s. Quite a character; no other TV preacher quite like him. Herzog never has trouble locating fascinating subjects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, yes. Gene Scott. Live satellite feed...Legion Hut,Eureka Springs.
Sometimes Ken Smith would use Gene Scott to get the picture all focused and tuned before the service. I tried earnestly to figure out what clips of nubile college girls bouncing on ponies had to do with Scott's snarling, cigar- strewn study of Proverbs.
Sadly,I was not spiritually hip enough to understand and often wandered out to the kitchen in search of snacks.

Kate

JP Mac said...

For a Herzog documentary, it was a big disappointment. The film crew was on the set and mostly filmed Scott snarling and asking for money.

I always enjoyed his teaching and the meandering lines snaking all over the board.

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...