Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall and TNT

Chilly this morning, with a bit of a cool wind. Felt like autumn for the first time. Today at practice, some ran 14 miles, others 12 and 10. Just after 6:00 this morning, I dropped into my health club, swam with the kickboard and aqua ran. Felt some pain in the tendons behind my left knee, so I stopped early. At practice, I mostly stood around the aid station, snacking.

Former teammate Dave ran past. He survived prostate cancer surgery this summer and is back running strong.

Another friend, Don, narrowly survived the same cancer in January 2007. He emerged from treatment strong with a commitment to lead a healthier life and concentrate on the important things namely his family.

Last week, Don was diagnosed with lymphoma. Growing in inoperable places, the cancer will require aggressive chemo. Even with that, Don's been given two years.

Stock markets rise and fall, and the life I have seems more precious all the time.

No comments:

Featured Post

John P. McCann Sizzle Page

'Twas suggested I post a few episodes of my work in a pleasant spot. I've chosen here. Sadly, not everything I've written has y...